- Make sure the company is fully insured and bonded. Also, do they offer worker’s compensation to their staff?
- Ask if they are certified in pet first aid.
- Are they licensed with the city and state? (A legitimate business).
- Do they offer free in-home consultations to meet your pet? There should be no obligation to hire the company at this meeting.
- Watch how they interact with your pet at the consultation.
- Check social media such as YELP for reviews on the company.
- Has the company won awards in the community for outstanding service?
Remember the decision is no different than hiring a baby sitter to take care of your child.